Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Annotated Bibliography of Iraq War

July 19th.

Books:
1-

Walker, Martin. The Iraq war as witnessed by the correspondents and photographers of united press international. ; 1st edition. 2004.

The Iraq war as witnessed by the correspondents and photographers of united press international:
This book talks about the history of Iraq war and talk about general information about that war especially in the introduction of that book. In that book you will see the reasons of why the war started. While I was reading this book I found a lot of speeches for the resident of America that talk about why we started the war and some information about that war. In addition you find in that book the comparing between American and Iraq forces and that talk about the soldiers. Also you will see the process of that war day after day and how they entered to Iraq and what had happened in these days from the first day the war started. Even though, the book in that book you will see the CIA reports about that war which is going to be helpful for my research. Moreover I found analysis of coalition loses a key ally which is going to support my research because I am going to talk about this point in deep. Also, in this book I found while I was reading it a lot of information about the oil in Iraq and what they going to do with it and the analysis of this point. In the end of the book I found some pictures about Iraq war and what had happened especially about the loses of that war from the killing the soldiers and damage the things.

Evolution:
This source is credible for many reasons. It doesn't only talk about something specific but it talks about a lot of information about Iraq war and what had happened. It's also talk about the loses in that war which is going to help me a lot in my research and focus in one thing.
The author is also credible because he wrote a lot of information about the Iraq war and he talked about a lot of specific things that you can take from this book something specific. Moreover, this book is interesting for me. All the other books I have found during research were about the cost and the loses of that war. . This book does not only explain the cost of the Iraq war but it does explain the whole war and the general information about that war.
2-
Ramesh, Randeep. The war we could not stop. Thunder's published, New York, 2003.
The war we could not stop.
In that book a lot of information about Iraq war, when I was looking around the book I found something about the war game and how it's started with Kuwait and how America involve in that war and then it talk about the war and why the war not going to stop. In addition it's show me the number of how many they lose in that war and how many one had killed over that war. Moreover, the book talks about why they spent that money in that war and he
Evaluation:
The source is credible because it has explanation of the cost of Iraq war and how the war started and why but I didn’t find that much of the information about everything which is going to help me doing my research. In addition there are some information in that book important to me research such as the cost of that war and the numbers of the people were killed in that war.

Articles:
1-

Karol, David., Miguel, Edward. The Electoral Cost of war: Iraq Casualties and the 2004 U.S. Presidential Election.2007.
The Electoral Cost of War: Iraq Casualties and the 2004 U.S. Presidential Election.
The article focus on the change of Bush 2004 after the war and what he considers the cost of the war and the losses of the solders and the things over Iraq. In this article showing us the Estimating the Localized Electoral Effect of Casualties and what that thing leads to. Moreover, in this article show us the results of that war and explain to us what these results are. Even though it's show me how many people had killed in that war? This article focus on the cost of that and the stimulate of the cost in the future.
Evaluation:
This article is credible because in that article has a lot of information about the cost of Iraq war and how much they spent in that war and why they spent that money over Iraq. Moreover, the source is relevant to the research question because it will give me a lot of support to my ideas that I will write about it. The source is similar to other sources; it has some historical background about the cost of Iraq war and more. But has some information that could not be found in any book because it's a new article.
2-
Bowyeh, Jerry. Economic Cost of Iraq War is small. Human Event, 2006.
Economic Cost of Iraq War is small.
This article talk about the Iraq war and the reasons of Iraq war and what had happened. In the general, that article talk about argument of the cost of the war and how much it cost. Moreover, it talk about the cost was to low of Iraq war and they give us example and some information about where we got that money and where did we spend it. They show us how much we spent in that war. Even though, in that article statistic about the cost of all the wars.
Evaluation:
The source is credible because it is a good sources for my and because I am going to talk about the cost of Iraq war and why they not spend that money in the Environment Program. Moreover, that article is argue article so it's going to help me a lot in my research papers and that argue is the other side that I am going to talk about because they say in the article the spend of money was small and I disagree with that point. In addition, he put to the readers statistic showing us the money and the rate of wars cost include the Iraq war.
3-
Bilmes, Linda., Stiglitz Joseph. The economy cost of Iraq war, 2006.
The economy cost of Iraq war.
In this article talk about the Iraq war and how it's stared and the arrangement of it. In addition, they show us how much the plane was and how much now the war was over the arrangement. Also, it's talk about budgetary cost of the U.S government and they explain that with everything. Additionally, they explain the rate of the cost of that war, they give us the effects of spending that money. Also, they talk about Impact of Oil Prices and what will happen for the prices of oil in the world. Actually they talk about the cost of the Iraq war and what will happen if they spend that money in other things and they explain about the effects of that money in the world.
Evaluation:
That article is so helpful to my research because it's full explanation about the cost of the war and the effects of that money. The authors were explaining every point well and they gave us a lot of examples which make any one to believe them. Actually the best thing in this article a lot of references which support them ideas about everything they said.

Websites:
1-
http://costofwar.com/
This website has all the information about the cost of Iraq war and where did they spend the money. Even though, in this website you will find out how much the Iraq War is costing taxpayers in your town, city or county. Moreover you will compare that money which is spent in Iraq war to a lot of things for example; children health.
Evaluation:
The source is credible because it has a lot of information about the cost of Iraq war and it's going to help me a lot because my topic it is going to talk about the cost of Iraq war. Even though, in this website have a lot of facts so it will support my research and make the readers to believe it. In addition in this website also will help me to compare the money that spent in Iraq war with a lot of things in United States.

2-
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/iraq?_kk=iraq%20war&_kt=dc3a7412-339b-40fa-8ca3-4a5606aae8f3
This website has all the information about Iraq war in general and every information about the Iraq war with United stares. You will see how many solders killed in Iraq, a lot of news about the war. You can find articles, magazine newsletters and more.
Evaluation:
The source is credible because it is a website by an organization. The source has everything related to the Iraq war and that's my research topic so it will be helpful in researching. Actually that website is going to help me figure out some facts about the Iraq war and what had happened over there. Moreover, that website is good I think because all the information comes from center of American progress.


Sources of my choice:
1-

interview:
I will interview a family who are them son in the military In Iraq and I will ask them about the news in Iraq war because they have touch with them son. I will ask them about them opinion about the Iraq war and what had happened. Or I will ask someone who is political so I can ask him/her about his opinion about that war and what had happened. Moreover I will ask him/her about what you think about the cost of the war and if they spend that money in the environment program. I will ask him if he agrees about that war or not because some people are not agree about that war. Actually, in my research papers some opinion from the people will proof my papers. Even though, I think it's going to be important to my papers because I will give the people opinions about Iraq war spicily my papers it's going to be argue papers.
2-
Book.
Everest, Larry. Oil, Power and Empire. Library of congress cataloging in Publication, 2004.
Oil, Power and Empire.
In that book a lot of information about Iraq history and what they think about the oil. The book talks about what had happened in America 2001 from attacked. In addition, after he talked about what happened in America 2001 he gave us the reason why the Iraq war started and he explain it very well.
Its talks about how U.S intended the U.N weapons. Also, it's talks about the Iraq wars and who leads these wars. While I was reading this book I found some CIA reports about the war. One of the chapter I have read so far and I think it's interesting chapter in this book is war without end which is mean that going be good for my research. That chapter explain why the war not going to stop and how much the U.S government spend so far with that war and how much it's going to cost so far. In the end of that book show us some facts about Iraq war and the cost of it.
Evaluation:
This source is credible, because It's talk about the Iraq war which is I think it's going to be good for my introduction about Iraq. Moreover, that book is going to help me a lot because I found some CIA reports so it going to help me to proof some ideas that I have. The book is interesting which I mention above because I found a chapter which talks about war that not going to end and the cost of it so while I am going to write in my research about the cost of that war and I think it's going to be interesting to me to take from this book information.
The author of that book is credible because he mention in his book a lot of facts which is support his ideas that he wrote.

No comments: